Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Knickerbocker 60K Photo



Thank you to Laura and my friends at the New York Road Runners for sending this photo from the Knickerbocker 60K. It's the only one I have of myself running an ultramarathon!

- This was at the end of our first out-and-back from Runner's Gate to 102nd Street and back. That accounted for the first 1.25 miles, and then right after this photo was the first of nine consecutive four-mile loops, all totaling 37.2 miles.

- Hence the smile on my face and the high cadence.

- Legs are lookin' strong! Rippin' around the quads, I can see how my tendons are offloading the joints and helping me avoid injury...like it's supposed to work.

- The woman in the background played cat and mouse with me on the other side of the reservoir, and eventually she destroyed me. But who knows, she might not have finished.

- In about one hour from this photo, the skies opened and it was the hardest and steadiest rain in which I have run. That would mean soaked shoes and tender feet to grind on all day.

- Look how beautiful the falling leaves are. This is right on the East edge of the Jackie Kennedy Onassis Reservoir, at approximately 93rd Street.

- It was the beginning of a long day. But we got r done.

No comments: