I dropped in on my friends at the ASICS New York City Meatpacking District Store this afternoon and bought the new PR Thermal 2-N-1 Beanie reversable knit cap. I'll get plenty of use out of it as I start training through another tough NYC winter, this time for the Walt Disney World Marathon scheduled for Jan. 11. It's just $18 and a huge addition:
While I was in the ASICS store, I also took a barrage of photos of ASICS STUFF I WISH I HAD. Let's call it the ASICS @Marathoner Holiday Wishlist. If Santa wanted to drop any of this stuff under my Christmas tree or in a stocking next month, hey you're the jolly mon. Here are a dozen items that especially caught my eye on the "guy side" of the store, with links on asicsamerica.com.
1. Vest. Perfect to go over my ASICS base layer right now and reflective.
2. Medium Duffle. It's back to the gym and this would be super-practical. The NYCM edition pictured here is not available, but I'd get the blue one on asics.com.
UPDATE ON THIS NEXT ONE: GOT IT! SEE NEWEST BLOG POST
3. Electro Jacket. Lightweight, wind resistant & LED spiral light!
4. Shorts. These were in the Training section, not sure the model.
5. Thermo Windblocker. Perfect for Central Park in coming weeks.
6. Lite Tech Clip-On LED. For my after-work training runs, staying safe.
7. Ard Jacket. 4-Way Stretch Jacket with Packable Hood.
8. All Sport Hoody. Front kangaroo hand pocket rocks. It's awesome.
9. Lite-Show Jacket. I would wear this everywhere.
10. Lite-Tech Vest. Again, ideal for my post-work training runs.
11. Speed Softshell Top. Trail-ready right now.
12. Thermostripe Half Zip. Everyone loves this new look.
Oh, and I found some pretty cool shoes for the ladies. Kayano 21s:
What's on YOUR wishlist?