Wednesday, February 4, 2015

An Evening With ASICS Teammates



Thanks to NYC Marathon veteran runner Noelle from ASICS America HQ in Southern California for treating a batch of us ASICS bloggers in New York to an awesome night on the town! Left to right are Erika @bgg2wl, Gregg @nycsweat, Famous ASICS Mannequin, Noelle @run_noelle_run, Megan @runlikeagrl, Grace @leangirlsclub and yours truly @Marathoner.

We met tonight at the ASICS Meatpacking District Store next to my MLB HQ, and first there was a 4-mile run along the Financial District path to World Trade Center area and back. One of the best runs I've had in a long time, solid pace in the 9s. Then it was back to #ASICSMeatpacking for some shopping, courtesy of ASICS. "Pick out an outfit" are some of the coolest words I hear, and I asked if it was OK to do my random shopping for Rachel, our 19-year-old runner who is a contributor on this blog. (I'll let Rachmo show you the outfit in her upcoming gear review of it!)




















Then we all gathered at nearby Tavern on Jane in Greenwich Village, for drinks, dinner (Yellowfin Tuna Club for me) and great conversation. Just a really cool chance to connect with Noelle and fellow ASICS bloggers, and even better to hear that ASICS is setting some really big, cutting-edge plans  for 2015 in reaching out to the community. I'm proud to rep the gear I've run in since I started in 2006, and hope you will follow me @Marathoner on Twitter.



No comments: