Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hello from my Hammock







I love the World Series and I love my resort hotel and my hammock.

That is the view from my room at our MLB crew's St. Petersburg Beach resort during this Tampa portion of the 104th Fall Classic. And that is a BBerry pic I took of myself in the hammock on our beach during a brief rest following a 5.5-mile run on the beach.

The New York City Marathon is 11 days away. It is serious stuff, a hard 26.2-mile run. I am determined to get in my training until the very end because this year I am going to enjoy it after being injured in my 2007 debut. I don't need much now since I'm tapered down, but I have to keep my fitness level up. I am psyched, I have new powerjam training music thanks to Matt and Josh's suggestions, and I am still psyched about Ben's Play of the Century.

Off to Tropicana Field. Good luck to the Phillies and Rays. May the best team win. When you're done, it's my turn to be in a major sporting event!

No comments: