Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New shoes: Brooks Glycerins Yellow

Now introducing: My shoes that will fly me for 26.2 miles through five New York City boroughs and into the clouds on November 2.







Biggest thank-you in the world to my great friend Carmen, who works at the Super Runner Shop on the Upper East Side. She is in the NYC Marathon field as well, always gives me training advice, and I call her coach. I walked into the store today before work, told her that my Li Nings from China didn't work out being a half-size too big, and that my green Brooks Glycerines I was wearing into the store had been absolutely perfect in a healthy running year. She went into the back room, and came out with exactly the same shoe, only yellow instead of green.

I returned my gel inserts that I had bought at the store for those Li Nings, thinking they might help. That knocked off $30, so the shoes cost me $99. Fastest, most perfect shoe-buying experience in the history of civilized footwear, and I wore my new shoes onto the 4 train, then on the L over to Chelsea and our outrageously awesome MLB HQ.

Since I will be here late-late again tonight working Game 4 of the American League Championship Series (will travel to World Series next week), I just ran from 5:30 to 6:30 along the waterfront on the West Side of Manhattan, starting around Chelsea Pier and going down by World Trade Center and then back up again. It was just enough to give them a first breaking-in. By November 2, they will be good to go. Yeah we fly high, jus' my Brooks and I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Love these yellow shoes...