Friday, July 14, 2017

All-Star Week 2017: Finishing in Style at Zensah


OK, so Billy the Marlin told me to make sure I post to the running blog after I finished working All-Star Week in South Florida, so here goes.


One of my favorite annual traditions is hanging around the All-Star host city on the Wednesday after each All-Star Game, following a big week of around-the-clock work and thrills for baseball fans. This year's Midsummer Classic was in Miami, so that meant a chance to visit my friends just up the road at Zensah!


Zensah is based in Hallandale Beach, about one Aaron Judge home run away from I-95 on your way up from Miami to Fort Lauderdale. I have been wearing Zensah ever since I became a runner in December 2006. I would always buy their compression calf sleeves at a Super Runners Shop in New York City, because I quickly discovered their many benefits to a distance runner, ranging from preventing cramps and shin splits to the added insulation on cold training runs. I took off the bummy cargo shorts (hey it was a long week), so here proof that I was wearing the Recovery Short, which helps me pour on the miles.


So now that I'm back home and gearing up for the Montreal Marathon on Sept. 24, I wanted to say thanks to Alberto, an athlete who knows what he's talking about, and his amazing team that I met at the Zensah HQ & warehouse. King Bingley, the Zensah Ambassadog, was especially happy to see me bring back a bagful of new products that he thinks he is going to wear on his next walky-walk. It was cool to meet the creative director and see her design idea board, which I can assure you has looks you will want. It was fun to chat with their braintrust for sales, analytics, website and social, even the shipping department, anyone else I am leaving out, and I appreciated the iced coffee as well as the Cuban lunch with Alberto and the goody bag for my training. It includes a pair of Grit Running Socks, Featherweight Leg Sleeves (for hot weather), and a Steel Grey version of new Compression Leg Sleeves. I'll review them in subsequent posts!


That is how I geared up while at work in Miami, and you can find many of the stories I wrote for MLB.com right here, mostly about Major League Baseball's All-Star Legacy project dedications from Belle Glade down to Kendall, and also my annual curtain-closer on whoever is the game's MVP.


I have no Zensah attire on in this picture, it just happened to be my state of mind the day after the All-Star Game. After visiting Zensah, I got some ocean surf time in and it was perfect.


I also made sure to enter the new contest, posting #Zensaharoundtheworld at a perfect spot on South Beach. I have to say, I continued to wear the Recovery Short all day and night. That included on my United flight home, and I'm not sure that was such a good idea because my feet started getting a little numb in my aisle seat after an hour up the coast. Probably not good to mess with circulation when flying is hard enough! But that's how much I love wearing my Recovery Short.



This is a last look back at the view I woke up to every morning at the Royal Palm South Beach. South Florida, you were an amazing All-Star Week host. Zensah, it was so nice to spend time at the HQ before departing. Keep running, keep wearing Zensah, and keeping watching baseball!



Please follow: @Marathoner @Zensah

2 comments:

Kent Sommer said...

When we all introduced ourselves here. We were received warmly by all those who participated in the event. Parties at event space Chicago are a lot of fun, giving access to features that aren't always the easiest to get into and aren't always the most wallet friendly.

James Miller said...

Amazing post...

Book online bus ticket from Redbus